Clearcast is a weather forecasting app supported by advertising. This service
(“app”) is provided at no cost and is intended for use as is.
disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use this Service.
The app uses advertising to make revenue. The app uses third party
libraries for advertising which may collect and share personal information with third
Google AdMob is a main provider of advertising for Clearcast and information about their advertising is located here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- Sharing Your Information:
The developer will share personal information, such as location data, with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
Your personal information may be disclosed:
* As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
* To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- Location Data:
In order to provide our users with accurate weather data, Clearcast needs to know the precise location to generate a useful forecast. You can share your location data with us in two ways: either by enabling “Location Services” (a.k.a. GPS location) on your phone or by manually entering your location. These locations are stored within the app as a user’s preference so Clearcast doesn’t need to ask for your location with every app launch.
Clearcast may also provide your location data with advertising partners to display ads that are relevant to your location (a.k.a. geotargeting). See Section 5 for more information on this.
We want you to receive the most up to date weather information, so we send push notifications about current and future weather conditions to your phone when you opt in. If you’d like to stop receiving notifications, go to the “Settings” section of the app and turn off the notifications. Deleting the app will also stop notifications.
- What information is collected by Google AdMob:
AdMob, is Google’s mobile app advertising platform designed specifically for app developers. In order to understand Google’s use of Data, consult Google’s partner policy.
* Online identifiers, including cookie identifiers
* Location information
* IP addresses
* Device identifiers
* Client identifiers
* Unique device identifiers for advertising (Google Advertiser ID or IDFA, for example)
* Usage Data.
* Opt out – https://www.google.com/settings/ads
* Service Information – https://privacy.google.com/businesses/adsservices/
* Partner policy – https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
* Ad technology providers – https://support.google.com/admob/answer/9012903
- Links to Other Sites
This Service may contain links to other sites, such as advertiser websites or our API provider DarkSky. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that site. Note that these external sites are not operated by Clearcast and we have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
This policy may be updated from time to time.
- Contact us